Groundwater Training – Racial Equity Institute
February 18 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$10
This participatory presentation examines characteristics of modern-day structural racial inequity using stories and data.
What is the Groundwater Approach?
The Groundwater metaphor is designed to help practitioners at all levels internalize the reality that we live in a racially structured society, and that is what causes racial inequity. The metaphor is based on three observations:
- Racial inequity looks the same across systems
- Socio-economic difference does not explain racial inequity
- Inequities are caused by systems, regardless of people’s culture or behavior
What to expect:
- Light breakfast & refreshments (provided)
- Morning informational session
- Lunch (provided)
- Afternoon discussion sessions
Join us to collectively work for change by participating with us. All are welcome.
This event is a collaborative partnership between The Health Collaborative, Danville Pittsylvania Chamber of Commerce, Dan River Nonprofit Network, History United, Middle Border Forward, and Opportunity Neighborhoods.
If you prefer to pay via cash, check, or need an invoice please don’t hesitate to reach out. Questions? Contact Evelyn Riley, email@example.com or 434-792-3700 ext. 226