The Institute’s Conference Services positively impacts the local and regional economy by supporting regional, state-wide, and national events in Southern Virginia. In 2016, 23,361 guests attended 494 events at the Institute.
New Opportunities in 2016
- South Boston Dollar General employee dinner for 350 attendees
- Governor’s First Agriculture & Industrial Biotechnology Conference for approximately 200 people from five different states
- Several training opportunities held by the Office of the Attorney General
- Alpha Kappa Alpha statewide conference for 361 attendees
- Virginia and North Carolina Chapters of the American Fisheries Society for 160 attendees
The Institute partners with Sodexo, which provides all food and beverage services for event catering as well as Megabytes Café, the Institute’s onsite restaurant. Sodexo is a leading provider of food services in the United States.