What You Need to Know
Welcome to the Next generation Of Work (NOW). For background information on this talent development program, visit Next generation Of Work (NOW).
What Will This Be Like?
The goal is to help the next generation of talent get better at collective problem solving. Squads of three to four diverse students work together to solve a real problem for a real business. You will work with a team of peers to design and propose a solution that you will pitch to your business partner at a public Pitch Event. Throughout the experience, you and your team will be coached by NOW mentors. In short, this experience is designed to help you develop the mindsets and tools needed for the future of work.
What are the Benefits of Participating?
- Unique professional experience working on real problems for real businesses
- Relationship-building and collaboration with a diverse set of peers and stakeholders
- Development of four critical career mindsets: Analytical, Design, Collective and Self-Aware
- Application of design-thinking methodologies to solve hard problems
- Experience using virtual collaboration tools
- A free one-of-a-kind experience to highlight on your college or job applications
When is This?
The Fall 2021 NOW program is a hybrid model:
In-person Launch – Saturday, October 16: 9:00am – 5:00pm AND Pitch – Saturday, November 13: 2:00 – 4:00pm.
(These in-person days are COVID dependent; we’ll notify all participants if we have to switch to a virtual format instead.)
Virtual Squad Meetings – Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, October 18 – November 12: 4:00 – 5:00pm
What are the next steps?
Please complete the LINKED APPLICATION by September 17. All applicants will be notified no later than September 24 regarding their acceptance to the program.