how we Attract Business
Whether attracting new businesses, retaining existing industry or cultivating leads, IALR’s Economic Development team works hand in hand on a daily basis with other economic developers to transform the region’s economy. Not only do the staff work with the Southern Virginia Regional Alliance and others to produce market research and promote the region’s assets, but they also host and coordinate prospect meetings, tours and industry announcements enhanced by IALR’s state-of-the-art facility, catering, service and technology.
Vice President, Economic Development
Providing Qualified Economic Development Leads for Southern Virginia
Through a partnership with the Southern Virginia Regional Alliance, IALR’s Economic Development team conducts continuing outreach efforts to generate a pipeline of high quality economic development leads for the region. Some of these activities include:
- Recruit and conduct initial due diligence on new industry prospects.
- Provide qualified leads to attract or retain business and jobs into the region.
- Build relationships with prospects to understand their needs and identify solutions within the region.
- Host consultants through the region.
- Travel to meet with site selection consultants.
- Assist in attraction and nurturing of entrepreneurs.
- Utilize existing industry to seek out needed service providers, suppliers or vertical integration potential.
- Develop strong leads from trade shows and other sources.
- Maintain exceptional relationships with existing industry partners through regular visits and meetings.
- Identify expansion, merger or acquisition opportunities.
- Research and link to local, state and federal/international resources to assist with new processes or products, increasing sales and revenue.
- Disseminate leads to partner economic developers.
- Monitor project activity.
- Organize prospect and site consultant visits to the region, locality and/or site.
- Maintain regular proactive contacts to seek out opportunities.