The Institute for Advanced Learning and Research (IALR) is pleased to announce and accept applications for the 2020 Summer Internship Program. The program will place 10 interns in meaningful, on-the-job training experiences at IALR in the areas of biotechnology, precision agriculture, economic development, marketing and communications, and talent development.
“Nothing prepares our future talent more for successful career opportunities than real-world, work-based learning experiences,” said Dr. Julie Brown, IALR’s Director of Advanced Learning. “, We are excited to once again offer internship opportunities here at IALR that provide students with significant leadership development, networking, resume-building and skill-building activities and projects.”
To be considered for the eight-week, paid project, candidates must be one of the following: (1) a high school graduate with plans to attend college in the fall of 2020, (2) an undergraduate or graduate level college student or (3) a recent college graduate who completed a college degree within the last 12 months. For the most part, the internship will be completed June-July 2020.
Available internship opportunities include:
- Biotechnology to Develop Natural Plant Biostimulants with Dr. Chuansheng Mei
- Biotechnology to Develop Natural Plant Pesticides with Dr. Sajeewa Amaradasa
- Precision Agriculture and Controlled Environment Agriculture with Samantha Smith-Herndon
- Agricultural Technology Internship – SMART Table with Daniel Caccavelli (two positions)
- Research and Data Analysis for the Southern Virginia Region with Linda Green
- Marketing and Communications with Allison Moore
- Career Booklet Development for the SOVA Career ChoICE: East and West Expo with Dr. Julie Brown
- Smart Manufacturing Workforce Pipeline Research and Marketing for the Southern Virginia Region with Linda Green (two positions)
Interns will receive a stipend of $2,925 paid semi-monthly. The anticipated weekly time commitment is 28 hours, and the IALR mentor will set the work schedule during the intern orientation.
Applications are due by 4 p.m. (EST), Friday, March 13, 2020. The internship application, other information and detailed project descriptions are available at www.ialr.org/internships. For more information, please contact Brown at email@example.com or 434.766.6711, or Elaine Ratcliffe, IALR’s Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434.766.6747.